Apply Slimbean Custom ROM on LG Optimus L5 & L7
Slimbean ROM is one of the most popular custom ROM after CyanogenMod. If you are interested to get this custom ROM on your LG flagship Optimus L5 and Optimus L7 then check out the article. Well, the ROM is in its beta stage and it is based on Android 4.3. The Slimbean ROM is developed by Xda developer and now finds out which things are working and which are not.
Things that are working are camera, AV playback& recording, display, GPS, WIFI & WIFI tethering, GSM, receive and make calls, video decoding & encoding, sd card, send & receive sms, USB tethering and OpenGL rendering. All these are working fine and bugs only affected the recent menu option otherwise you can go for it.
Caution: Since it is a third-party ROM which needs to develop more to bring the stability. Pamandroid will not be responsible for kinda data loss or damage of device. If this ROM requires root then root the device or think that it comes with pre-rooted.
- LG Optimus L5 / L7 rooted or unrooted
- Computer with internet connectivity
- Original USB cable
- Backup all the data present in phone memory by using PC suite or app from Play store
- Enable the USB debugging by settings->application->development and there tick the USB Debugging box
- The phone battery must be 50% or more
- Slimbean ROM for P700 (cf2.me/1srj)
- Slimbean ROM for E610 (cf2.me/1srn)
- Google apps (only this is recommended) (cf2.me/1srp)
- ROM Manager app from Play store
- Root checker app from Play store
The procedure is fully similar for both the LG device and the above link must be copied and then open in new tab to download.
Procedure to apply Slimbean Custom ROM on LG Optimus L5 and L7
- First you must check the phone is rooted or not by root checker app. Otherwise by applying the ROM the phone will automatically get rooted. Also backup all the data present in phone.
- Now download the appropriate ROM & Google apps from above link and place those in the SD card root. Remember not to save in any sub folder because it won’t get flashed in recovery mode. Detach the cable.
- Now if you are already in custom ROM then wipe out the caches and wipe data/factory reset in the recovery mode and then go to next step.
- Now land the device in recovery mode by taping on the ROM Manager app that you have downloaded already and installed. After tapping select reboot system in recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode select install zip from SD card and choose the ROM first and then Slim’s Google app later. The flashing can take a little longer, so have patience. Then select reboot system now to boot in normal mode. The first boot will take 10 minutes or more.
Congratulations, you have successfully learned the procedure to apply Slimbean Custom ROM on LG Optimus L5 and L7. If the phone is stuck in boot animation then remove the battery and insert again to power on. Do like our Facebook and Google+ page for more custom ROM and other related stuffs on Android.