In this article you’ll get rooting procedure for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082, unroot it, fix the root if there, install clockworkMod recovery image and also install TWRP 2.5 Touch Recovery. The user is advised to ready the article first and take the help of a professional to go through the entire procedure.
Rooting Galaxy Grand Duos will lose warranty but user gets the control over the phone and use root accessed apps from Google Play. We hereby take no responsibility of device if anything goes wrong. There is unrooting procedure so no need to worry.
The procedure is divided into four parts.
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 updated with official XXAMC8 Jellybean 4.1.2
- Computer with internet connectivity
- Install the Drivers in computer i.e. ADB
- Make sure the device has backup using backup apps and not through KIES
- The battery power must be 50% or more otherwise charge it
- Enable the USB Debugging when required and untick when every work is finished for security reasons
- Disable the antivirus program in computer and uninstall the same in phone
How to Install the CWM Recovery image and Root Galaxy Grand Duos
- Make sure you have installed the drivers from above link and then download the recovery image (http://adf.ly/KsG9w) in your computer from here. Extract the folder with WinRAR software.
- Also download Odin 3 3.04 and extract the folder. Double click on the execution file to launch it.
- Take your device in hand and shut down the power to land it in download mode. To do that press the Volume down key+ home key+ power button simultaneously. Then attach the device to computer via USB cable.
- The ADB will pop up so update it if required. Then click on PDA and select the tar file and hit Start. Let the Odin do its work, you just keep patience.
How to fix Recovery?
- Download the fix from the given link (http://bit.ly/1cMuVn3) and follow it.
- Then download the SuperSu & fix recovery zip and copy to your sd card memory and not in any subfolder or internal memory.
- Well, switch off the device and press the Volume Up key+ home button+power button to land in recovery mode. Then select install zip from sd card and choose the fix zip from sd card and also the SuperSU zip.
How to Unroot Galaxy Grand Duos
- Download the unroot Superuser app uninstaller (http://bit.ly/14KWrOY) and flash it in recovery.
How to install TWRP 2.5 touch recovery in Galaxy Grand Duos
- The device must be rooted and installed with clockworkMod recovery. Also install the USB drivers, Odin 3.07 in computer. (see the above how to’s for download).
- Download TWRP Recovery image zip in computer.
- Then launch the odin in computer and switch off the Grand Duos to put into download mode. Press the Volume down key+home+power button.
- Then connect the device and select the PDA to choose the recovery.tar file. Return back and select Start to initiate the installation.