Apply MIUI 2.4.20 GB Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y GT S5360
Samsung Galaxy Y is one of the most sold models in India by college goers. It is small, comes with useful features and due to its affordable price it has got its success within a year. There are lot other gadgets available in and custom ROMs are made for them too. But anyways here in this article you’ll come across the procedure to apply MIUI 2.4.20 GB custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y GT S5360. But before that you must know that few things are not working are Bluetooth, media scanner, lockscreen and no automatic update of clock. Things are working are call, sound, network, wifi, themes etc.
Note that this is pre-rooted custom ROM which requires no rooting of device. But be careful with the ROM because you are getting the best looking MIUI ROM but in other side of coin, your phone is going to get rooted automatically. There is no way to return back to original ROM, indeed you have to update it with official stock ROM through Odin only. After applying the ROM you must download and install Root checker app to confirm the root on Galaxy Y. always do remember that Pamandroid will not be responsible for any loss or bricking of device.
Requirements for custom ROM Users:
The users already on Custom ROMs must do cache remove. This is necessary to avoid hang of mobile system as the author suffered earlier due to clash of two ROMs. So, do the wiping of data in Recovery mode. Switch off the device and then press Volume up key+ middle button+ power button and leave it when the Samsung logo appears on screen. Then with the help of volume rocker select wipe cache partition and wipe data/ factory reset. Confirm it with middle button and go to reboot system now and select it to boot into normal mode.
- Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360
- Computer with internet connection
- Original USB cable
- Make sure the phone has minimum of 30% battery
- Backup data using backup app
- Enable the USB Debugging by settings->application->development and tick the box and later untick it
Steps to apply MIUI 2.4.20 GB custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y
- Download CWM.zip & MIUI 2.4.20 GB custom ROM from here to computer. Do not unzip the folder and place in desktop.
- Now connect the device via USB cable and place the zip file in the SD card and detach the cable.
- Now switch off and enter into recovery mode by following the above way “Requirements for custom ROM Users”. Then select install the zip from sd card and choose the zip from sd card. Wait for the 4-5 times and go back select reboot system now.
Voila! You have successfully applied the MIUI 2.4.20 GB custom ROM in Samsung Galaxy Y GT S5360.