Motorola Atrix 2 with Official ICS 4.0 Firmware [Upgrade]
Good news for all U.S. Motorola Atrix 2 users that their device is completely going to change this time. Tones of changes were made which are listed below. And remember that update is done via WiFi, so get checked your WiFi connectivity. The software upgrade version is 67.21.125.MB865.ATT.en.US. Hence, go through the list below and jump to get the steps to upgrade Motorola Atrix 2 with Official ICS 4.0 firmware.
Earlier we had discussed how to update Motorola Atrix 2 with AOSP JellyBean based on CyanogenMod 10. It was successful and now check out the list of new and improved features you are getting.
Features of Motorola Atrix 2
New Features of Motorola Atrix 2
- SMARTACIONS app added which is used to personalize phone much easier way and this also extends battery life. Plus sends text to missed callers
- Face Unlock feature added
- Contacts app is been replaced by People app which provides rich profile pics with info
- Screenshots capturing capability added
UI Features of Motorola Atrix 2
- Added new look in terms of color, fonts, icons and animations
- Added quick dialer, sms, camera and homescreen
- Added new folder option to group-up apps and allows drag apps to the folder
- Apps and widgets gets updated All apps screen
- Notification bar enhanced, featuring swiping to dismiss/ access setting menu for individual announcement
- Added toggles in navigation setting menu such as WiFi, Bluetooth and airplane mode
- Keyboard is now improved with faster input word suggestion and correction
Improvement features of Motorola Atrix 2
- The Email app is enhanced
- Camera is improved with few tweaks such as volume key for shutter, zoom, control look and feel etc.
- Voice input upgraded
- Webtop interface updated to ICS tablet with optimized screen
- AT&T apps, Google apps and pre-loaded apps latest version added
Note that any misshape or damage will not be the responsibility of Pamandroid and hence upgrade on your own risk.
- Motorola Atrix 2
- Internet facility or Wifi connectivity on phone
- The battery must be at least 60% otherwise charge it
- Backup all the data in case of loss
How to Manual Update Motorola Atrix 2 with ICS 4.0?
Turn on the WiFi on device and as soon as the internet is on you need to tap few things. Tap on menu-> settings-> about phone-> software update-> update. Then download by tapping on the same and then tap on install now option. The phone will get switch off automatically and then rebooted after installation. It may take time according to your network connectivity speed.
How to upgrade automatically?
If your data connectivity is always on then you will receive a message on notification bar. Drag the bar and tap on the information and follow the instruction.
Soon users will meet the odin process of updating the Atrix 2 with Android 4.0. For now users with no custom ROM or rooted their phone can go through automatic software upgrade.