Hyperion Project Custom ROM for Galaxy Y GT-S5360
Samsung Galaxy Y is most popular in Asia and most in India. All users of Galaxy Y can take the advantage of another custom ROM dubbed as Hyperion Project. Custom ROMs for Galaxy Y (DXLF2 firmware) mostly comes with pre rooted hence applying this ROM will root the device. There are tons of new and enhanced features blend together to rejoice the latest os on this Gingerbread device.
Features of Hyperion custom ROM:
- Added basic features like busybox, apps2SD and optimized APKs
- Added advanced features like swap, firewall, CIFS, EXT4 files system etc.
- Added enhancements such as mobile BRAVIA engine, xLoud sound, SRS Wow hd sound (like in Sony) and Beats audio (like in HTC)
- Added tools like smart zipalign, data cleaner, turbo SD, hyperion log etc.
- Added built-in Ads blocker host file along with rapidboot tweak
- Added 5-icon dock, transparent task bar, 12 wallpapers, alphabetical arrangement of icons and app drawer animation
Note that after applying the custom ROM the Galaxy Y gets rooted. If owing new device then rooting a device will lose warranty and that can’t be afforded. If its old enough then rooting creates no hamper. Pamandroid will not take any risk of damage hence the entire risk is on user.
- Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360
- USB cable
- Battery power at least 50%
- Backup data is highly required, use Go backup app from Google Play
- Enable the USB Debugging for connecting the device to computer and placing the file
Procedure to install the Hyperion in Galaxy Y
- Download the Hyperion Custom ROM package in computer.
- Then connect the device via USB and place the Zip file in the SD card, not in any subfolder.
- Detach the cable and switch off the Galaxy Y to enter into recovery mode. Press-hold Volume Up key+ Home + Power button to enter and release when the Samsung logo appears.
- Select install from SD card and Choose file from SD card option. With the volume rocker select the options and confirm it by pressing the home button.
- After selecting the zip file placed earlier by you and home button for confirming, wait for 2 minutes to install.
- Wait after 3 minutes to reboot the device into normal mode. If you stayed for more than 4 minutes then long press the Power button. After this again boot into recovery mode and select wipe cache partition and Wipe data/factory reset.
- Up next select reboot system now.
Tips to overcome situation:
When you come across blue circle on right corner in the status bar then don’t panic. Wait for the complete media scan. If you flashed via Clockwork mod then the status bar remains in busy mode. For better performance you must place savieSGY#73REVAROMA in the sd card. Flash this file in recovery mode that same way you did in steps.
Additional features (optional):
- To get quickpanel, statusbar and get permissions in system/app then download QuickPanel+StatusbarEDT.zip package and flash it.
- To get advance calculator that offers swipe left/right then download calculator package and flash it.
Congratulations, you get the new featured Hyperion custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y. if you find any trouble then do comment.